Save up to 75%
Get a Free Insurance Quote Now!
  •  Privacy & Security Protected

I switch to full tort option for that option to kick in do I have to sign any papers?

1 Answer

0 votes

Did you sign up for limited tort liability when you switched over? You will need to pick that plan to stay with the coverage.

You should have received some papers in the mail for you to sign. Your insurance company mails them out within a day or so of you talking to them. You need to sign those papers. The papers go over every option you have and what you can opt in and out of.

If you threw out the papers and failed to sign up, then you will automatically be switched to full tort coverage. Your job is to pick what kind of coverage you want within the tort coverage. If you fail to do that, Pennsylvania law will see that as you complying with the change. They will assume you agree with their choice. You will also have to pay a greater premium.

The Difference Between Full and Partial Tort Coverage

Did you make the switch to full coverage? Did you make the switch to partial coverage? Did you let the company decide for you? If you let the state decide for you, you might not be happy with what you get.

The partial coverage is cheaper than the other one. You will need to pay a higher premium, as I mentioned above. You still get your medical expenses covered. You still get your claims covered. The only downside is that you only get partial coverage.

You will be limited in how many claims you can state under the plan. Under the partial tort coverage, your pain and suffering have to meet certain legal requirements to be processed through claims. The full tort coverage will guarantee you unlimited coverage for your medical expenses, claims, and anything else. You pay more to get more. Call your company and talk to them about your options.

answered Dec 7, 2017 by bestrates (2,270)
Rates & ResourcesHealth & Life InsuranceHome & Car InsuranceTop Pages