Save up to 75%
Get a Free Insurance Quote Now!
  •  Privacy & Security Protected

will I need an FR 44 after the three years went by when I get my license back

+5 votes
asked Jan 4, 2016 by anonymous

1 Answer

0 votes

Depending on your state of residence the certificate of financial responsibility is referred to as either an FR44 or an SR22. In the state of Texas FR44 (Certificate of Financial responsibility 44) is referred to as an SR22 (statement of financial responsibility). A driver is required to maintain SR22 insurance without interruption for 2 years after meeting all of the eligibility requirements and paying all fees to receive their driver's license after an incident. In the event SR22 certificate of coverage is interrupted the driver should immediately notify the proper state depart of motor vehicles office. As long as your insurance remains active the SR22 certificate should remain valid. Allowing the insurance to lapse could invalidate the SR22 and could result in a loss of driving privileges. Staying up to date with your car insure is a real benefit once all the requirements have been met.

answered Jan 6, 2016 by InsuranceStar (3,400)
Rates & ResourcesHealth & Life InsuranceHome & Car InsuranceTop Pages